Lot of us don’t know that what is ERP? ERP better known as enterprise resource planning is the latest and integrated medium of keeping all the data and processes of an organization together in a unified system. It integrates all the operations, processes and information of a company that involve men, money and machinery. ERP helps in simplifying the business overall. It manages the business and all the back office functions that are related to technology. It helps in sales, marketing, development, manufacturing and product planning; and also manages the physical assets, financial resources and the human resource section of a business organisation. It also helps in maintaining relationship with the customers.
Characteristics of ERP System
The cloud based erp solutions have its set of features that distinguishes it from others; these are the following characteristics of this system:
- An ERP system is flexible; flexible in the sense that with time there are changes made in the business so it can be altered according to our requirement.
- It has an open module architecture, which means that all the modules in the ERP system are open and separate from each other so if an error occurs in any one module then it doesn’t affect the working of the other modules.
- ERP system performs all most all the activities of the business, there is no need of getting half of the activities done manually and half through this system
- It helps in connecting with other businesses and interacting with them online
- ERP system has multi facilities it can work in any situation
- This system helps in doing efficient strategic planning; as strategic planning is the most important part of a business
An ERP system plays an important role in all business activities:
- It provides all the information at one place
- It gives a detail account of all the financial activities
- It is accurate so it decreases the scope of human error as every function can be performed by the ERP system
- ERP maintains the cost efficiently and still helps increasing the production
- It also helps in the filing of taxes and excise duties which save the time that goes into lengthy paper work
- It delivers day to day reports of the working of an organisation
So an ERP system is quite beneficial in today’s time for both small businesses and large enterprises.